It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
The LCBO could be a positive example to all Ontario employers. Instead, it forced more and more workers into the precariat. That had to change.
Through an intensive, multimedia campaign, OPSEU members stood up to management, calling them out directly and telling their own “real story” about working at the LCBO.
The LiqiLeaks theme caught the public’s and the media’s imagination, and management couldn’t take the resulting heat. The settlement gave workers everything they were after, including…
– A hard cap on retail part-time jobs well below the current level
– Hundreds of new full-time jobs
– An end to two-hour shifts
– Better shift scheduling and notice
– Wage gains
– Job security enhancements
– Reductions in temp agency workers